You are here
The State Government, though the Dept. of Education, provides financial support to assist eligible families with secondary schooling costs. Application is made by the parent or guardian of student/s enrolled in Years 7 - 12.
The allowance consists of two components:
- Clothing Allowance of $115 paid directly to the parent/guardian or the school.
- Educational Program Allowance of $235 paid directly to the school.
Parent or Guardian must hold one of the following cards:
- Centrelink Family Health Care Card
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
Application forms are to be completed at the school in Term 1 of each year. Applications close at the end of Term 1, no late claims accepted.
CONTRIBUTIONS AND CHARGES
Schools will receive the Educational Program Allowance of $235 for Secondary Assistance recipients. This amount will be paid directly to the school to reduce the contributions payable by the parent.
Parents who satisfy the eligibility criteria will receive payment of $115 made to either the school or the parent/guardian, at the discretion of the parent/guardian.
PROCESSING OF PAYMENTS
Once the form is completed by the parent/guardian, the school will forward it to the Schools Resourcing Branch for processing.