You are here
Health and Physical Education aims to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to enable students to:
• access, evaluate and apply appropriate information and resources to take positive action to protect, enhance and advocate for their own and others' health and wellbeing across their lifespan
• develop and use skills and strategies to promote a sense of personal identity and wellbeing, and to build and manage respectful relationships
• acquire, apply and evaluate movement skills, concepts and strategies to respond confidently, competently and creatively in a variety of physical activity contexts and settings
• engage in and enjoy regular movement-based learning experiences and understand and appreciate their significance to personal, social, cultural, environmental and health practices and outcomes
• analyse how varied and changing personal and contextual factors shape their understanding of, and opportunities for, health and physical activity locally, regionally and globally.
Ocean Reef Senior High School prides itself on the conduct and sportsmanship of its students on the sporting field, and we have high expectations that our standards are maintained at all times. This includes dress and behaviour standards, accepting decisions of umpires and accepting victory or defeat graciously.
In Years 7-10 all students participate in Physical Education and Health classes as part of the compulsory curriculum. There are also a number of elective courses for those interested that are conducted in Year 9-10 which include Outdoor Education, Futsal and other sports. Lower School courses provide pathways to Senior School courses.