The Technologies Learning Area at Ocean Reef Senior High School engages students in study across two key subjects; Design and Technology, and Digital Technologies.
In Years 7 through to 10, students focus on Technologies and Society, where they explore the use, development, and impact of technologies on our lives. All students in Years 7 and 8 complete studies in both subjects; students choose specialised courses from Year 9 onwards.
Our Technology courses combine both theory, and practical components, and immerse students in a range of innovative contexts. Students will develop their processes of investigating, defining, and designing, and will produce, and evaluate a range of products.
Design and Technology
Our Design and Technology courses cover Engineering principles and systems, Food and fibre production, Food specialisations, and Materials and technologies specialisations.
Our Digital Technology courses engage students in the study of Digital systems, the collection, management, analysis and representations of data, and Digital implementation.
Courses offered by the Technologies Learning Area:
- Digital Technologies
- Food Science and Technology
- Materials – Design and Technology – Metal
- Materials – Design and Technology – Wood
- Child Development
- Product Design
- Children, Family, and the Community – General
- Design Dimension – General
- Engineering Studies – General
- Food Science and Technology – General
- Materials Design and Technology (Wood) – General